1. What is personal data and what categories of data do we handle on Webfarus?
The new GDPR (General Data Protection Regime) establishes as a definition of “personal data” any information, regardless of its nature and the medium on which it is presented, capable of identifying a person. Examples of categories of personal data processed by Webfarus are: Name, identification document number, tax identification number (TIN), age, date of birth, telephone contact, email, address, payment details, electronic identifiers (login credentials) digital), etc.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Webfarus is a registered trademark (nº 560430), owned by Memória D’Elite Unipessoal Lda, the last responsible for the treatment of the data.
3. In what situations do we process your personal data?
At Webfarus, we process your personal data with your consent, when you make a purchase, hire a service, or use our website. This treatment can be done orally, in writing, or through our website.
4. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Webfarus guarantees that your personal data are used only and only for the purposes communicated to you, and are not used for any other purpose. In this way, we treat your personal data to guarantee the quality of the service we provide you and to be able to better respond to your needs, namely, Direct Marketing – To inform you of news, opportunities, and promotions that may interest you.
5. On what basis do we process your personal data?
These are the circumstances that allow us to process your personal data:
- Your express consent, either in writing, or orally, for example, for the purposes of direct marketing, so that you receive emails or SMS messages from Webfarus;
- The execution of a contract you have entered into with Webfarus, such as, for example, a service purchase and sale contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
Webfarus undertakes to treat your personal data in order to guarantee the confidentiality, security and protection of such data against its unauthorized or unlawful treatment and against its loss, destruction or damage.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Webfarus retains your personal data only for the period of time strictly necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected or, as the case may be, until it exercises its right of opposition or right of deletion. After this retention period, Webfarus deletes your personal data.
7. To whom do we transmit your personal data?
Whenever necessary, Webfarus may transmit your personal data to third parties – Webfarus partner companies, for example, freight transport companies – only and exclusively for the purpose of performing a service you have contracted, such as delivering a product to your home. Your personal data can also be communicated to State entities, such as the Tax Authority, in compliance with the law.
8. What are your personal data protection rights and how can you exercise them?
- Right of access to information: You can obtain confirmation of what your personal data is processed by Webfarus, as well as information about the purposes of the processing or the deadlines for keeping such data.
- Right of rectification: You can request the modification of your personal data that are incorrect or incomplete.
- Right of erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal data, as long as there are no legal requirements for its conservation.
- Right to portability: You can receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured way in a digital machine-readable format.
- Right of opposition: You can oppose or withdraw the consent that you previously gave to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to limitation of treatment: You can ask to limit the treatment of your personal data, in the form of: a) suspension of treatment; b) limiting the scope of processing to certain categories of data or processing purposes.
- To reinforce and consolidate the relationship of trust and proximity of Webfarus with its Clients;
- Demonstrate transparency in the processing of personal data carried out by Webfarus;
- Inform Customers of their rights, as holders of personal data, and how they can exercise them;
- Inform Clients about the Webfarus Responsible to whom they can request their rights’ exercise or clarify how their personal data is treated
a) Our commitment
Since protecting your personal data is a priority for Webfarus, we are committed to only processing personal data that is strictly necessary to provide you with the best services, ensuring transparency in information and application of best practices in the field of security protection your personal data.
Whenever contracted entities process your personal data, Webfarus will require that these entities present the same level of guarantee of privacy and security in terms of personal data protection.
We want to deserve your trust and feel that your personal data is safe with us, as we will always be committed to protecting your privacy, taking, with great seriousness and commitment, our responsibilities regarding protecting your personal data.
Whenever you have any doubts about processing your personal data, we will be available to help you via email email@example.com or by calling 96 0000 128.
b) What personal data do we use, and what do we use it for
Webfarus is committed to only treating personal data that is strictly necessary for each process. For example:
- Online – Within the scope of the online account, personal data is used to allow you to purchase items remotely and access your purchase history.
- Transaction Management – Whenever you request the indication of your tax identification number in your purchases, we need to register it and transmit it to the Tax Authority;
- Direct Marketing – We will also need your contact details (email and mobile phone number) to send you informative communications about news, campaigns and offers, discounts or benefits, generic or targeted. You can, at any time, withdraw the indication to receive this type of communication.
c) How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for the period strictly necessary to fulfill the objectives identified above, within the legal limits. At the end of the defined conservation period, Webfarus undertakes to delete, destroy or anonymize your personal data. In general, Webfarus keeps transaction data for a period of 10 years, which is the term defined by law.
d) With whom can we share your personal data?
In certain cases, we may disclose your personal data to entities that provide services to us, within the scope of home deliveries, repairs, and service of articles, financial services, and marketing actions. We will proceed with the transmission of your personal data to the Tax Authority, as required by law. Webfarus does not, under any circumstances, share your personal data with other companies or brands, for other commercial purposes.
e) What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
As a rule, the holder of personal data has the following rights, in terms of data protection: right of access, right of rectification, right of deletion, right of limitation, right of portability, right of opposition. In cases where you have given consent for a specific treatment of your personal data, you can withdraw it at any time. To exercise any of these rights, you must do so through the email provided by Webfarus, firstname.lastname@example.org. Webfarus will proceed with a careful analysis of the requests, assess their legitimacy and relevance, and commit to responding in a timely manner. If necessary, personal data holders may also file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD).
Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the browser’s cookie file until the browser leaves the website, so there is no record on the user’s hard drive. The information collected by these cookies is used to analyze website traffic patterns. Ultimately, this allows us to improve the content and improve the usability of the website.
Analysis cookies: Those that are treated well by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and perform the measurement and statistical analysis of how users use the service offered. We examine your navigation on our website, to improve the supply of products or services that we offer you.
Advertising cookies: These are those that are treated well by us or by third parties, allowing us to more effectively manage the offer of advertising spaces that exist on the website, analyze your browsing habits, and show you advertising related to your profile. navigation.
g) How do we protect your personal data?
We have a variety of information security measures in order to protect your personal data, such as technological controls, administrative measures and procedures that guarantee the protection of your personal data, preventing its misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure, its loss, its improper or inadvertent alteration, or its unauthorized destruction. Among others, we highlight the following measures:
- Storage and transmission of personal data securely;
- Protection of information systems through devices that prevent unauthorized access to your personal data;
- Implementation of mechanisms that guarantee the safeguarding of the integrity and quality of your personal data.